Monday, March 06, 2006

Academy Awards Observations etc




Well, it's finally over! Yeah, I'm stoked. Do you have any idea how tired I am of hearing about this incredible movie called Brokeback Mountain? I was so glad it did not win best picture. Maybe, just maybe, it will go away for awhile. I don't care if it's about gay cowboys or whatever. Although, being about gay cowboys just might have had something to do with the ratings for the Oscars being down 8%! Bet there weren't a bunch of far right wing evangelicals watching that. What, with the most hyped film being about gay cowboys, are you kidding me? Not to mention that there were not a bunch of movies that the average person would give a crap about. That's kind of obvious from the past years box office totals. As of now, this years box office totals are running even lower. When will the offerings get better? Who knows.

The one bright spot from the Oscars I enjoyed was Three 6 Mafia's song, "It's Hard Out Here As A Pimp". It was nice seeing something different on a stuffy boring, for the most part, show that deserves better. What really spiced the song up was the vocals by Taraji P. Henson, the female vocalist who made her singing debut with this song in the movie "Hustle & Flow". I'm sure that whole scene was probably way to heavy for the stuffed shirt nerd so called movie critics who think their opinions and reviews are all that. If you base your movie viewing on what these wussies say or write, then YOU, are one of the STUPID PEOPLE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bobby!!!
You so irreverent!!
I love your didactic diatribes!
Bring it on with your inciteful self. How many times have you seen Brokeback Mountain? I know I saw you at at least 3 screenings. You're one sexy curmudgeon!

Friend Connect