Wednesday, April 26, 2006

SOLD OUT! Are You Freaking Kidding?!


Okay, so, I am NOT totally a rocket scientist. However, I am NOT the dumbest sonofabitch on the planet either. But, there are some bonafide STUPID PEOPLE behind some of our biggest retailers. If I were calling the shots at these companies, ALL of the marketing, buying, and research people would un-ceremoniously have their collective asses unemployed! Let me explain what took place on April 25, 2006 while in pursuit of "2" retail products.

-Product #1-

When my wife came home from work this day, there was a "black racer" snake on the sidewalk to our front door. Granted, it was not a large snake and, they are pretty harmless anyway. However, my wife does not like snakes around the property. She gives me a call and tells me to stop on the way home and get some "snake away" snake repellentSnake-Away, Snake Control, Snake-A-Way Snake Repellent. Being the obedient person that I am in these situations, I immediately headed for my favoriteHome PageHome Depot store. When I arrived, much to my dismay, they were out of Snake Away repellent! "Every time we get some, it sells right out". That was the comment from the person working the department. Well, I figured, no sense arguing with this hired hand, I'll just go to another Home Depot. I get in my car and drive clear across town to the newest store in the Orlando area. Guess what, they are SOLD OUT also! I find a clerk there and ask if they had anymore around somewhere. This was the response, "no, we wont have anymore until we get another shipment in". "When we do, that will sell out fast also, because it is spring time and the snakes are just starting to come out. Everybody wants it this time of year".

Now, if the barely over minimum wage employee knows these facts, WHY DON'T THE PEOPLE THAT ORDER AND STOCK THIS STUFF KNOW THE FACTS? How could these incompetent dumbasses miss the boat on a product that they could be selling tons of this time of year? EVERY YEAR at this time.

In all fairness however, I did find one Home Depot that did have a limited supply the next day. Thanx HD at Millenia.

-Product #2-

My son asks me Monday, "Dad, if you go to Best BuyBest BuyTuesday to get the movie Aeon Flux, can I go with you so I can get "Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children"? I tell him sure. Well, Tuesday evening, after I have to deal with the short sighted buyers at Home Depot, where I can't get my Snake Away, we head out to our local Best Buy. When we get there, we go straight to the new releases dvd section where we encounter a number of people looking around at the releases. We can't seem to find FF 7, so, we ask a clerk about the new Final Fantasy movie. It seems that everyone in the section was also looking for this movie release. The clerk comes back to us and say, "sorry, but we are sold out". Now, you know me, I'm going balistic, "what do you mean sold out, the movie just came out today". "You have like "hundreds" of copies of Aeon Flux, what, you only order 10 copies of Final Fantasy"? He rplies, "yeah, that's all we got". So, everybody in the department is pissed and leaving the store. Clerk says nothing. Nice touch Best Buy!

But, the story does not end there. My son and I leave and go down the street to ahttp://www.target.com/gp/homepage.html/601-5859995-2747336?%5Fencoding=UTF8 Target store. That's right, they too are SOLD OUT of Final Fantasy VII: Advent ChildrenAdvent Children.net - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Childrenalso. Well, by this time, my New York City Black-Italian-German attitude/temper was nearing it's explosion point. So, I figured, best to go home and call it a lost. We did, to my sons dismay.

However, the story is still not ended! The next day, I get up to go to work as usual. Half way through the day, I figured I'll stop at a GENERAL%20SEARCH&cm_ite=1310%20CIRCUITCITY.COM%20SEARCH&cm_keycode=5568?Key=5568&c=1">circuitcity.com Consumer ElectronicsCircuit City store and see if they have the movie. Right again, sold out! Later in the day, I went to another Circuit City location. SOLD OUT!

Here is my point! I went to "3" of the largest retail outlets in the country to purchase a movie that just came out that day and, all "3" of these outlets did not have enough inventory! Granted, I have to be honest with you, "I did not know that much about this particular movie". However, a ton of people did/do, hence, the sell outs. QUESTION? Why didn't the incompetent store people have better insight to the products they carry? Their incompetence caused me to waste time and gasoline. All these morons for all these companies SHOULD BE TERMINATED!

In closing, there is "1" bright spot. It is probably why this company/store is the #1 wharehouse chain going.Costco.comCostco had/has this movie! A significant number of them also. Yeah, I'm renewing my membership right now! Hey, maybe the rest of you loser companies can send your geek squads out to find out how and why you dropped the ball!

Feel free to post your comments or, whatever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha I know Final Fantasy is a good movie and I give it 5 stars and two thumbs up and about the Snake Away can't really do anything about that except use your dog for a snake repellent.

Friend Connect