Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Music For Your Mind Body & Soul, Any Age



As I was out and about, going about my daily routine, I made a really neat discovery. About music & people. Monday night, May 1, 2006, I finished putting together a cd I had been working on for a few days. I wanted this to be a "mental, relaxing, thought provoking soul searching musical journey through your being. There is NO HIDDEN MESSAGE in this mix. It is just a bunch of tunes from 3 seperate cd's that I have gotten recently that just happened to go with and, blend with each other to try to create an "inner chill".

NO, I am not on "the bong" either. A year ago this month(May), I had "mind realignment". Basically, it was like God said, "let me slap this boy upside the head and wake him up to use the mind that I gave him". Listen, I will argue with anyone pretty much, however, when God speaks, I'm there, no questions asked.

Okay, back to the music. This is a track listing of the songs on the cd we are talking about:
1) I Love You, I'll Kill You-Enigma
2) Live With Me-Massive AttackMASSIVE ATTACK : COLLECTED
3) Smell Of Desire-Enigma
4) Zoo York-Paul Oakenfold
5)Turn Around-Enigma
6)Angel-Massive Attack
7)Teardrop-Massive Attack
8)Daylight Hours-Infusion
9)Beauty 2-Ladytron
10)Safe from Harm-Massive Attack(Paul Oakenfold mix)
11)When It's Cold-Moby
12)Karmacoma-Massive Attack
13)Shadows In Silence-Enigma

As I was going about things, I exposed a variety of people to music on this cd. From 18 to 91, White, Black, Hispanic and Asian, male and female. I said absolutely nothing about the music to any of the 9 people in this eclectic group. However, when it was time for us to part company, EVERYONE of these people had a positive comment about the music and wanted to know how they could get it. The 91 year old lady was "blown away" by Paul Oakenfolds "Zoo York". She also loved "I Love You, I'll Kill You by Enigma. A number of these people were "totally" knocked out by Massive Attack's "Live With Me".

The point I am trying to make here is, "give people a chance to see if they like something or not". Stop force feeding them that same old "corporate safe bullshit". Hey, your bottom line might like it!

All the music on my cd comes from 3 cd albums. Enigma's Greatest Hits, Massive Attack-Collected and, Paul Oakenfolds Perfecto Chills Vol.3. All can be found and purchased online.

In closing, once again, as my buddy George Clinton would say, "free your mind, and your ass will follow"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The tracks on this cd are unreal! This has to be an awesome disc! THIS, should be for sale!

Friend Connect