Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas & HDTV Gifts


Well, I am writing this on December 12, 2006. Less than 2 weeks before Chritmas! The thing that motivated me to want to write this now is, "the fact that quite a few people I know and like, are looking to buy HD televisions for the holidays". They have NO clue what to look for and, what Not to be looking for. I want to help my friends make wise decisions and not get screwed up by bs.

I am somewhat an authority on these tv's since I bought my first one last holiday season '05. AND, I just bought another one tonight. I do not have enough time to put up all the do's & do nots for buying one of these tv's. However, here are a couple things to keep in mind:

1)Do NOT make the mistake too many people make, which is, buying to big a tv for your viewing distance. Most viewers sit roughly 8-12 feet from their tv. if that is the case, you need between a 32" to 42" screen for optimal viewing. You go to big, it's like being in the first row in the movie theatre.

2)Screw over paying for a tv because of the "big" name, i.e. Sony, Mitsubishi, etc. LCD is LCD, plasma is plasma, and DLP is DLP. You buy the size you want, in the format you want, with the specs you want, at the "best" price you can get. Regardless of the brand name.

3)The main things you need to know are; what size screen do I want, what format do I want(LCD, PLASMA, DLP) and the "best specs" I can get. Click this link and it will take you to a page showing the tv I just bought and, the spec chart shows you about the best specs you can get. Regardless of size!CompUSA.com: Syntax-Brillian Olevia 427V 27-inch LCD 720p HDTV - Electronics »

Yes, I now have two Syntax Olevia HDTV'S. They are great tv's and have a great price structure.Olevia.com Once you go to their site, click on "other products" to see the 4 series tv's such as mine.

If you have any questions about buying your tv, you can email me at reggae8@aol.com or, those that know me, can call me on my cell.

It's not a crime to not know something and ask questions, however, if you don't, you become one of "Bobby Sharpe's Stupid People"!

Peace & Soulz


Bobby Sharpewww.myspace.com/akuasharpe



No comments:

Friend Connect