Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Music, The Artist That Drive Our Soulz

This is my current fave singer, Donna DeLory


Ever since I was a kid, music has been an integral part of my life. Thanks to my father, I was raised around showbiz and especially, the music industry.

In some form or another, I was always doing something with music.From my days playing guitar in honky tonk clubs, Madison Square Garden, Yankee Stadium etc. To my days as a "dj/air talent" on commercial radio such as CBS/Infinity, Cox Radio, Starr broadcasting and various other independent company owned stations.

(PLEASE TAKE THE POLL ON THE RIGHT)

I have always had one specific love. That is, "bringing new talent and music to peoples attention". That is ONE of the main reasons I know longer work for commercial radio entities.

They are to narrow minded and narrow casted for my taste.

So, how can I stay in touch with the music and accomplish the goal I have set for myself by making people aware of all the great talent in the world? Can you say "MYSPACE"? Yes, I set up my profile to not only add family and friends from around the world, but, to add talented musical people as well. Once I have "found" these folks, I give their music a listen. If they have anything to say musically, which most of them do, I try to add them to my friends list.

Once I do that, I try to promote their stuff and themselves to any and everybody on the planet. You never know when ONE person can hear something they like and basically, "make or break you".

I also try to promote these folks to clubs, promoters, music stores and anywhere that night expose their talents.

Periodically, from now on, I will do a blog posting featuring links to the myspace profile pages of some of my "talented" friends. If you click on the links, you will go to their profile where you can read info about them, AND, listen to some of their stuff. It cost you nothing! And, just might make your life a little more pleasurable. It is my way of giving something back to and, helping the music industry.These are this editions profile links:

www.myspace.com/donnadelory

www.myspace.com/theblackseeds

www.myspace.com/amethystium

www.myspace.com/catyamar

www.myspace.com/omnimotion

www.myspace.com/sandracollins

www.myspace.com/kaskademusic

www.myspace.com/tigerforestmusic

www.myspace.com/vargoworld

www.myspace.com/ingamusic

Enjoy the experience and the music. Any comments, post them.

Email me at reggae8@aol.com

Bobby Sharpe

Peace & Soulzwww.myspace.com/akuasharpe

No comments:

Friend Connect