Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Final Debate '08, Takes & Observations


Well, just finished watching the third and final debate between John McCain and Barack Obama. It was the best of the three debates that they did. I think they both did a decent job. One statement that John McCain made did impress me. It was when he told Obama that he(McCain)was NOT George Bush and if Obama wanted to run against Bush, he should have done so 4 years ago. I thought that was pretty cool because, "McCain is NOT Bush". Yes, he is a Republican, but, that's it! That being said, "I still have issues with BOTH candidates". They are:

John McCain's stance on abortion. He would rather over turn Roe v Wade and leave it up to individual states to either legalize abortion or, make it illegal. That is not the way to go. As Barack stated, there is something in the Constitution that deals with the right to privacy that should make this a federal decision as it is. I am NOT saying abortion is right or wrong, however, "a womans right to choose is RIGHT"!

Barack Obama's economic plans. His plans sound really good on the surface and appealing to the average "joe". However, he has NOT explained how he will pay for all these tax breaks for the middle class and his proposed "socialized medicine" plan. Also, I do not subscribe to the "share the wealth" philosophy. What is this, Robin Hood? I bust my butt to succeed, I should not be obligated to share that with anyone not of my choosing.

To sum up, "I still have almost 3 weeks to make up my mind". Right now, "I am leaning toward "write in"!

"Vote With Your Brain",

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mccain couldnt fluster Obama enough and un fortunatly WE will pay for that On abortion that should be a womans sole right a decision between her her husband family spirtual leader as "advisors" that she has to make and no government or agency of should be in volved in ,we need to stay focus on our country and lives as a whole and stop trying to admend the laws our founders enacted for us As for Obama And Mccain they talk through the sides of there mouths like they all do but i sincerely believe overall Mccain would be better May your Supreme Bieng bless you all

Friend Connect