Thursday, February 23, 2006

"I Have A Dream" , hmm, I Have REALITY!


Martin Luther King Jr. was a great man with a great dream and plan which I totally subscribed to. Hell, I even walked in some of his marches. Let there be no misunderstanding about my feelings and respect for this great man

Before I set this page on fire, let me layout my qualifications to voice my opinions, observations, and, experiences for what I speak. I was born of multi racial parents. At a time when this was not cool. My mother of German/Italian descent. My father of Black/Cherokee Indian descent. I was born in Washington Heights New York. Between Harlem and the Bronx. I grew up in the ghetto, all black neighborhoods, and white suburbia. All black schooling thru the 6th grade. One of only 4 blacks in high school in Levittown, NJ. I have spent my entire life on "both" sides of the tracks. In other words, I have seen all the bs from every view point. And then some. I was born at the very beginning of the baby boomer era. Which means that I have been here long enough to know of what I speak.

Let's get busy! In todays(Feb. 23,2006)Orlando Sentinel newspaper, there was a story about a planned "neo-Nazis" march this Saturday in the Paramore District of Orlando. Which, for those of you that do not know, is a predominantly black area. Basically, the article more or less stressed that "city leaders", local police, and some community leaders and church leaders feel the best way to deal with this is to "ignore them, don't give them any attention". Sure, that'll work! Excuse me, but weren't YOU giving them attention by printing this article front page? Okay, let's hide this from everyone. Meantime, Saturday comes and the march is on. You did such a great job of hiding this that, the group of brothers coming down the street run smack into it. "Say man, what's this shit"? "Who these white dudes in the hood with this nazis klan looking bullshit"? Then, guess what, it's on!

Now, on the other side of the fence, one of our state senators wants to "have a prayer meeting and march" along side of the nazis. That ought to work. Maybe they could even hold hands and goose step. I have a better novel idea. Why don't we just let both sides do their thing whatever it is. If the neo nazis get jacked up, well, they knew they were going into hostile territory. If the brothers decide to do violence towards these people, then they are giving them exactly what they want. Ignorance and savagery. Which would just prove that they are all "stupid people".

Now, lets get to the "this will really piss some of you off" stuff. From what I understand, the nazis march is to show, how much crime, is race based. Unfortunately, these "dirt bags" are on to something to a degree. Although the black community in this neck of the woods comprises about 14% of the population, what, about 75-85% of the prison population is black. Don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that most of the crime is commited by the brothers. Oh, I know, "it's whitey's fault somehow". "We don't get the oppurtunities for good education or good jobs like others". "We are treated like second class citizens and have to live by different standards than others". Having discussed this whole episode with a black attorney from Chicago, and, a white business man from Orlando, the answer is; bullshit! As the attorney said, "if this were the case, I would not be a well paid influential lawyer". Nor would there be any black ceo's, successful business owners etc. The white business man added a similar observation. "It's not a matter of not having the same oppurtunities, it's a matter of using them and working hard to attain what you want". "Right now, the unemployment rate around here is 3 point something". "There are jobs and oppurtunities all over the place". "If you are not taking advantage of that, it's because you are lazy and don't want to work". "You would rather ride your bicycle around the neighborhood selling dope". "That's on you, NOT whitey".

Both of the gentleman I spoke with agreed on the same point. There is NO strong, commited and dedicated, black leadership. The limited leadership that is there, basically panders to the same old beliefs that the government should take care of us and tend to our needs. There is no need for us to do for ourselves. They owe us! With that mentality, it is never going to change. Black folks will be perpetually spinning in their tracks standing still. Waiting for the mail man to bring the check. If that's where you are, then you are but 1 of the "STUPID PEOPLE".

Get a job, get a career, get an education, bust your ass, and, HAVE A GREAT LIFE!

Godzilla Rules!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man i am so glad you brought that stupid neo nazi rally up..i cant believe in this day and age that the word nazi even still exists..they should be blown up. hey can you pick me up this morning by the way..hehe..at 845..

Anonymous said...

That is the most well-spoken article I have read in ages. Enough with what is pilitically correct these days, how about more of the plain spoken truth good or bad!

Friend Connect