Saturday, June 24, 2006

UK Actors/Musicians & Orlando Soul Food


I know, what the hell does Orlando Soul Food have to do with British actors and musicians? To be honest, NOTHING! Well, that is not totally true. Actually, they are two experiences that I had this day for the first time. So there, that's the connect!

We will start with the UK part first. Two of my clients I had today, are from Nottingham, England. Pictured above, they are Mathew and Laila, two members of
indigo brave.
Indigo Brave happens to be a theatrical group in Nottingham. They are both musicians and singers. We happen to have a lot of the same musical interests. They both had a great time in Central Florida and look forward to coming back. Especially if they can hookup with me and listen to BBC Radio 1 while they are here.

Johnson's Diner

I have lived in Orlando for quite awhile now, off and on. Today, however, was the first time I have eaten at "Johnson's Diner". I must admit, "it was excellent". What a great value also. I had the "smothered pork chops" entree. For $7.00, I got 3 pork chops, cornbread, and, 3 killer side dishes. Plus, a piece of "sweet potato" pie. All for a total of $9.50.

If you live in the Orlando area or, are planning on visiting the area in the near future, I definitely recommend a visit to Johnson's Diner. They do breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. They are located downtown Orlando at 595 West Church Street. There phone is 407-841-0717. tell them Bobby Sharpe sent you.

As always, "free your mind, and your ass will follow(maybe)". reggae8@aol.com

1 comment:

Bobby Sharpe said...

The vocalist on "Amsterdam" is an American singer named Ashley Tomberlin. I 'll have more on her soon.

Friend Connect